Friday, January 30, 2009

Taxes!

Ok, so I get my taxes done last night. I go in with all my junk and had to wait for 30 minutes while the lady is helping this couple with 2 screaming kids. Then another couple with screaming kids comes in. I mean, are you kidding me? I guess it's just me, but my children do NOT act like that. If they acted like in public, they get their butts beat. But, all these parents do is yell.

Anyway, back to the subject. I get in there and she's doing my taxes and I tell her, I am a first time home buyer and that I should be getting the 7,500 dollar tax credit. I guess, she just ignores. When she tells me how much I'm getting back, I ask her, is that with the tax credit? She says, I've never heard of that. So, she calls her boss and her boss tells her it's 10% of whatever you bought the house for. So, ok whatever. No big deal. Then I ask her well why am I not getting as much as I did last year? Well of course, I made about 15,000 more than I did last year. But, you know that nifty stimulus check we got last year? It so happens that, it counts as income. So, that put me in yet ANOTHER tax bracket. They totally can't be serious. Now I see why people live off the government...lol. Not, that I would ever want to do that, but they make it so much easier to just do very little and essentially have everything paid for you. Than to get off your butt and work hard. I think it's total crap!

2 comments:

Tonya Wiley said...

We should just roll up in the tax place and shoot 'em all...

...with water balloons.

Leslie said...

Or spit wads? lol