Saturday, August 29, 2009

Underestimated!

Last week, I was super busy at the salon. We had couples massages galore. So, about the third one, we have a younger couple. The man was a pretty big guy. The woman was a stick. I tell them, "I'm going to be at this table. Talle will be at this table. It doesn't matter to us which table you decide to choose." Yada. Yada. We step out and close the door. We wait about 5 minutes and go back in. The woman was on my table.

So, I ask her, "What kind of pressure do you like, Light, Medium, Deep?" She says, "I want it pretty deep and I only want my neck, shoulders and back done."

I say, "Ok. Well, if the pressure is too deep or too light, just let me know."

She says, "Oh you can't hurt me." It makes me laugh when people say this, because they really don't know what they are saying.

I work on her shoulders and neck while she's face up. She says, "That was the best neck massage I've ever had!" She was a little dramatic. Then I have her turn over.

I get to her shoulders and she says, "Could you use a little less pressure please?"

I say, "Sure." I let up a little.

Then about 5 minutes a later, she says again, "Could you use a little less pressure please?"

I again say, "Sure." I let up some more.

Another 5 minutes goes by. She AGAIN says, "Could you use a little less pressure please?"

Are you kidding me? You told me I couldn't hurt you and you have told me 3 times to use less pressure? This makes me laugh and it's sort of annoying. People think because I'm a small girl I must suck. Or they want to look "tough".

Haven't these people heard the expression, "NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER".

1 comment:

Marie said...

I hear ya, girlfriend. They do the same thing to me. Why don't they just wait until you start working before they decide what your strength is, that's what I wanna know. Most people think women just don't have it in them to be tough....not a good assumption, eh!

Maybe you should used your pinky on her.

Marie