Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Money is what really makes the world go around

5:30 a.m. my alarm goes off. I turn it off. I lay there for a minute and then decide to get up. I turn on the coffee pot, turn on the t.v., and sit down on the couch. You will never believe what was on the news....Bernie Madoff and Michael Jackson.

I am so sick of hearing about Bernie Madoff and how he swindled everyone.

I get it.

He stole money from THOUSANDS of people.

But, when I hear all these people say, "I invested half a million dollars with him!" I think to myself, you invested a HALF OF A MILLION DOLLARS? You had a half of a million dollars and you wanted MORE? Greedy much? I mean seriously. If I had a half of a million dollars, I wouldn't put all my eggs in one freaking basket. I hear all these people say, "He stole my hope, my dreams, my soul!"

Really?


Your hope is in money?


Your dreams are in money?


Your soul is in MONEY?


If you weren't so gosh darn greedy, you might have your half of a million dollars right now. Haven't you read the bible or listened to the O'Jays song, For The Love Of Money? Maybe if you had, you wouldn't be in this situation. Yes, he was greedy too. Don't get me wrong. There are people that he stole from that didn't have a half of a million dollars and they were putting every dime they had into Madoff so that they could have a retirement. It was those that had a half a million dollars that were feeding his greed, so that he could take from those that didn't have as much.

Granted. I don't have a lot of money. But, I am perfectly happy.


All I have seen for the last 5 days is Michael Jackson.

OK.

He was a great entertainer, musician and he was a weirdo. WE ALL KNOW THIS! Why keep rehashing it?

You can't tell me that they aren't making money by keeping this going. The man died FIVE days ago. I think we've beat this to death! Let him rest in peace!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Leslie, You're right on, girl. I think there are far more important things in the world. Just goes to show where our society is, as a whole. Sad but true.

If we focused more on God, it would be a better world altogether.

Marie