Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Water is your friend! Just say no to soda pop!

Ever wonder why you have a headache at the end of the day? Ever wonder why your skin is so dry? Ever wonder why you feel so bloated (and women it's not your time of the month)? Nine times out of ten it's because you are not drinking enough water.  Put that Dr. Pepper down and back away slowly.  Diet pop is not any better.  You think think because it has no calories, it does no harm. Wrong.  If you look at the sodium on a can of  any diet drink it has the same, if not more than a regular soft drink.  
In an average day, you should be drinking at least 60 ounces of water.  Most people barely even drink 8.  Wonder why America is obese?  That's why.  No lie.  Soft drinks are the leading cause of obesity in Americans. When you come home with a headache, try drinking to glasses of water and don't be surprised if it goes away.  

In December, my church started a fast until New Years.  It could be from anything.  So, mine was from Dr. Pepper.  The first week was rough.  I'm not going to lie.  But after that first week, it was no big deal.  I feel so much better now.  I don't feel bloated or tired anymore.  It's great!  I also lost 6 pounds.  You have no idea how much water contributes to your health.  I tell my clients all the time to drink lots of water, but I myself would drink at least 2 pops a day.  But, water flushes out all that waste you build up in your body throughout the day.  

You should really cut down on the pop intake daily.  You will notice a difference within days.  Remember, WATER IS YOUR FRIEND!

No comments: