Monday, April 13, 2009

When you're a quarter of a century old...

Ok, so I've noticed that when you turn 25 it seems like your whole life changes. I know that sounds crazy, but it's totally the truth, at least with women. When I turned 25, almost everything I wanted totally changed. What I wanted when I was 20, 21, even from 24 totally changed. I wish someone would have told me this when I decided to get married and have kids! The kind of man that I wanted at 21 is totally different now and totally changed when I turned 25. I didn't really care if my man worked or not (I was a complete idiot!). Now, he better be doing something! I don't care if he is Mr. Mom. He needs to be contributing to society, not doing fake mess up orders at Taco Bell or ripping off the next door neighbor. I can not believe I was so stupid! Oh yeah people said to me, "YOU ARE MAKING A BIG MISTAKE! HE IS TOTALLY WRONG FOR YOU! YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET THIS!" Come on. Do you really think you can say that to a 21 year old and think they are going to listen? Heck no! If someone had said, Leslie. You are only 21. The things you want now are not going to be what you want at 25 or 30. You might want to wait to have a family until you are sure you know what you really want in life. Do you know what you want to do with your life? I might have listened. 21 year-olds don't respond to you when you tell them are basically stupid and it's never going to work out. Needless to say it didn't work out and I was divorced, with 2 kids at the age of 23. Real nice, huh.

I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life until yet again, I was almost 25. I decided to go to school and actually have a career. I basically had NO FREAKING IDEA what in the heck I wanted, until I was 25 and then it all of a sudden hit me. OMG! I'm a quarter of a century old! What am I doing with my life! It's so sad for me to see young women, go from man to man to man thinking they are going to find what they want, just to get their heartbroken or break a million hearts themselves and leave feeling empty. WHY ARE YOU MAKING SO MANY LIFE CHANGING DECISIONS AT 21?! STOP THE INSANITY!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

Ok, I believe I've said my peace, lol. I just want young women to wait! Slow down. If you believe in God, wait on him. Your life will be so much better. I have an awesome Man in my life that loves me and my children more than I could ever ask for. I have a great career and wonderful life. If you've made bad decisions, don't continue the trend! If you are a quarter of a century old, you know what I am talking about! If you are not, listen to my words! lol Live life to the fullest. Be happy! You don't have much time left! Life is but a vapor! =)

No comments: